try to install mysql5 + php5 + apache2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 23 20:51:45 PST 2008

On Feb 23, 2008, at 21:22, Jean-Luc BERTé wrote:

> Le 23 févr. 08 à 21:57, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> On Feb 23, 2008, at 18:41, Jean-Luc BERTé wrote:
>>
>>> ok i made :
>>>
>>> sudo port -f activate ncurses
>>> sudo port install ncurses readline
>>> sudo port install php5 +postgresql +pear +apache2 +mysql5
>>>
>>> apache2  had been installed but now i have :
>>>
>>> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/
>>> opt/local/var/macports/build/
>>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gra
>>> phics_jpeg/work/jpeg-6b" && make all " returned error 2
>>> Command output: ./libtool --mode=compile /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I/
>>> opt/local/include -I. -c ./rdswitch.c
>>> rm -f .libs/rdswitch.lo
>>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I/opt/local/include -I. -c ./rdswitch.c  -
>>> fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/rdswitch.lo
>>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I/opt/local/include -I. -c ./rdswitch.c -o
>>> rdswitch.o >/dev/null 2>&1
>>> mv -f .libs/rdswitch.lo rdswitch.lo
>>> ./libtool --mode=compile /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I/opt/local/
>>> include -I. -c ./cdjpeg.c
>>> rm -f .libs/cdjpeg.lo
>>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I/opt/local/include -I. -c ./cdjpeg.c  -fno-
>>> common -DPIC -o .libs/cdjpeg.lo
>>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I/opt/local/include -I. -c ./cdjpeg.c -o
>>> cdjpeg.o >/dev/null 2>&1
>>> mv -f .libs/cdjpeg.lo cdjpeg.lo
>>> ./libtool --mode=link /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -L/opt/local/lib -o cjpeg
>>> cjpeg.lo rdppm.lo rdgif.lo rdtarga.lo rdrle.lo rdbmp.lo
>>> rdswitch.lo cdjpeg.lo libjpeg.la
>>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -L/opt/local/lib -o .libs/cjpeg cjpeg.o rdppm.o
>>> rdgif.o rdtarga.o rdrle.o rdbmp.o rdswitch.o cdjpeg.o -L.libs -ljpeg
>>> /usr/bin/ld: warning /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib cputype (18,
>>> architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch
>>> flag: i386 (file not loaded)
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Although it's currently trying to build the jpeg library, you
>> appear to already have /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib, and it's for
>> PowerPC, but you're currently trying to build for Intel.
>>
>> It sounds like you have an Intel Mac, but somehow transferred
>> your /opt/local to this Mac from a PowerPC Mac. If so, that's
>> going to cause all sorts of problems like what you're seeing, and
>> the best idea is to move /opt/local aside (rename it to /opt/local-
>> ppc for example) and start over and install MacPorts again from
>> scratch. There are other directories you may also need to move
>> aside first, like /Library/Tcl/macports1.0 and /Applications/
>> MacPorts. Don't remove /opt/local-ppc just yet because there may
>> be configuration files or databases or other data you may want to
>> save first; do this at your leisure after your new MacPorts is
>> installed. Also, you can save the distfiles if you want to avoid
>> having to redownload them all. (You can move /opt/local-ppc/var/
>> macports/distfiles to /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles if you want.)
>
> I have install the last version of macports( 1-6-0-10.4) to install
> [...]

As I said, it seems that you have lots of existing files in /opt/
local, for some reason, which should not be, and that now, while
compiling jpeg, you get the message that the existing file is for
PowerPC Macs, which should not be if you have an Intel Mac. For these
reasons, I recommend moving all existing parts of MacPorts aside and
reinstalling. MacPorts works great on Intel Macs.