abiword issues

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 5 12:19:02 PST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 11:30, Michael J. Vollinger wrote:

> Can anyone help me with some Abiword issues I am having?  I tried
> to install abiword-x11 and long list of error messages.  Can be
> viewed at http://www.nabble.com/abiword-x11-issues-
> to14518635.html#a14518635

There is an issue filed about problems installing abiword-x11 on
Leopard (I assumed you're on Leopard since your output mentioned
"i686-apple-darwin9-g++-4.0.1" and Leopard is Darwin 9):

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13214

Not sure if that's the same issue you're experiencing.

Unfortunately the abiword-x11 port is unmaintained so the problem
won't get fixed until someone steps up to figure out what the problem
is.

> After that I tried installing the other abiword package, version
> 2.4.5_0 and it says it installed.  The problem I am having now is I
> can not start the program.  When I open a xterm window and type
> abiword I get the error message: bash: abiword: command not found.
> Am I doing anything wrong?  Help help would be looked upon kindly
> with any version of abiword.

Try typing the full path to the executable, presumably /opt/local/bin/
abiword. Your xterm may not be using the same PATH as your Mac OS X
Terminal.