dbus-glib hangs

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 5 22:18:45 PST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008, at 23:43, paul beard wrote:

> The maintainer is the ever-popular "nomaintainer" so I have no idea
> who should get this. And I couldn't access TRAC to look for or file a
> ticket.

It's this bug:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13448

and this bug:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13566

and it's apparently a bad interaction between dbus-glib and glib-
genmarshal from glib 2.14.4. glib-genmarshal from glib 2.14.2
apparently works fine. I maintain glib2 but I don't know what to do
about this problem. I filed a bug with the developers of glib2 but it
doesn't sound like it's their bug. I guess I should file a bug with
the developers of dbus-glib next. Since I don't use dbus-glib,
though, nor know anything about it, it might be better if someone who
actually uses and knows something about the software were to file the
bug and interact with the dbus-glib developers to resolve it.