MacPorts 1.6 still supports OS X 10.3 Panther?

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Mon Jan 7 06:41:57 PST 2008

On 2008-01-07 , at 01:05 , Kevin Ballard wrote:

> Glad to hear that it seems to be working now. I really don't know
> what was wrong, but obviously there was some bug with the info
> command on 10.3. The recent changes mean we no longer rely on the
> 'info commands' behaviour, so we should be good.

So at what point should

	port selfupdate

work on 10.3.9 systems again?

It's not clear to me, but I assume that this command

	svn checkout http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/trunk/base

gets the "real thing" - the current port sourcecode, and that the
update that was obtained by this command

	svn update

(svn "knows" where the source repository is, etc. etc.)

8)