finding expat Re: problem building gnupod

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 8 13:03:24 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 11:05, George Georgalis wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 11:44:59PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> okay, Xcode version 2.3 from Aug 11 2006.
>>>
>>> I guess that's not part of 'Software Update'
>>>
>>> ...I have no reservations about updating it if that may be the
>>> issue.
>>
>> Xcode 2.4.1 ought to work fine, as should the latest which is 2.5,
>> but 2.3
>> may be too old. It's a big download but I recommend it.
>>
>> http://developer.apple.com/tools/download/
>
> Okay, downloading, will try tonight. To reduce consumed disk space
> after it's all in place, should I think about purging /Developer
> before I start the install? is that even necessary? Is there
> something else that is better to do?

I assume that installing Xcode 2.5 will be smart about removing
obsolete parts of Xcode 2.3 first. If you're concerned that it won't
be, you could first run the Xcode 2.3 uninstall script. (Xcode
installs things in more places than just /Developer.) The uninstall
script is probably on the Xcode 2.3 CD or disk image.