libffi: pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz fetch failing

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 13 15:18:31 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008, at 15:56, LeAnne Lis wrote:

> I'm trying to install libffi, which apparently needs a
> 'pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz'
> file to install.  It's failing on the fetch as follows.  Should I
> put a
> ticket in?
>
> sudo port install libffi
> --->  Fetching libffi
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/software/
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pyobjc
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/pyobjc
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/pyobjc
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/pyobjc
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/pyobjc
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/libffi
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
> --->  Attempting to fetch pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/libffi
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed

Based on the transcript in ticket #13287, pyobjc-1.4.tar.gz used to
exist at http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/software/ but nothing except a
verbose error message exists there now. So yes, you should file a
ticket and assign the ticket to the maintainer of libffi. Perhaps he
can fix the py-pyobjc file while he's at it, if indeed the files need
fixing (if the download location has changed). Or maybe the pyobjc
web site administrators just need to be prodded into fixing their site.