Macport 1.6.0, Leopard and port swi-prolog and tetex do not build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 13 15:25:04 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008, at 13:39, Jean-Philippe Humbert wrote:

> I don´t see this in Trac, so I post it here.
> I have tried after a fresh Installation from MAcport 1.6 on Leopard
> to rebuild every ports I use.

[snip]

> Well I have no idea what happens here.
> Can someone help or should I report this in Trac?

Bugs should always be reported in our issue tracker, of course.

> 1/ I can´t build tetex:
> --->  Building teTeX with target all
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_print
> _teTeX/work/tetex-src-3.0" && make all " returned error 2
> Command output: help-window.c:91: error: 'XmNtopAttachment'
> undeclared (first use in this function)

[snip]

Note that there are already many tickets filed about teTeX; perhaps
one of them relates?

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/query?
status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&summary=%
7Etetex&order=priority

Note also that teTeX is essentially dead:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/12913

Do you really want teTeX? You may want to try texlive instead.

> 2/ I can´t build swi-prolog:
> Jph at Christel/~ % sudo port install -v swi-prolog >> prolog.log
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_
> swi-prolog/work/pl-5.6.48" && make all " returned error 2

[snip]

> make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> make[2]: *** [maildrop/rfc2045/librfc2045.a] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [objects] Error 1
> make: *** [packages] Error 2

That looks like this ticket:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13670

I've added your email address to the bug's Cc list so you'll be
informed of any progress in resolving it.