[MacPorts] #13963: 'port install evince' fails with gcc 'parse error' in comics-document.c -- OSX 10.4.11 PPC (fwd)

Kurt Hillig khillig at umich.edu
Thu Jan 17 04:34:19 PST 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Michael Franz wrote:

> I will not be able to help.  I do have this additional information and
> questions though.
>
> I ran the install command and it fails for me at xmlto - I have this problem
> from an earlier install.   I wonder if my issue is because I am on intel.
>
> [snip]
>
> My questions are:
> what version of xmlto do you have installed?

I'll have to check when I get home tonight.  I assume that this is
something installed with macports?  If not I'll have to figure out
what/where it is first...

> what version of xcode are you using?  I have found that older versions (<2.4)
> have issues with compiling some ports.

Either 2.4 or 2.5 - again, I'll have to check when I get home.

                             Dr. Kurt Hillig
   UMNet Administration     I always tell the    Fax (734)763-4050
  University of Michigan     absolute truth,    Phone (734)647-8778
Ann Arbor, MI  48105-3640    as I see it.   EMail khillig(at)umich.edu