port outdated output is not complete

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Jan 27 20:02:23 PST 2008

Harry Parker wrote:
> Today, after noticing the message this morning from Guido Soranzio about
> fixing port py25-tkinter, I did a port selfupdate as a first step in
> preparation to trying it. Then as usual, I did a "port outdated" to see
> what else had changed. I was surprised to find that py25-tkinter was NOT
> listed as outdated! Here is a paste of what I see:

The automatic PortIndex generation is out of order at the moment.
Normally PortIndex is generated and committed to Subversion every day.
Run portindex from the top of your ports tree to manually update it.

$ cd /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports
$ portindex

This may take some time, which is also the reason why it is usually done
for you.

Rainer