python/py-mysql

Suresh Pillai stochashtic at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 31 07:29:01 PST 2008

I was imprecise on python25 not installing.  In fact, it was py25-hashlib
that failed to compile, a dependency for py25-mysql.

I've also found with some googling that the py-mysql error can be fixed on
LEOPARD by commenting out from _mysql.c

#ifndef uint
#define uint unsigned int
#endif

Apologies if everyone already knew this. :)

I've got things working with system python and downloads of
mysql/mysql-python so I guess I'll stick it out while Leopard problems
with Macports python are being dealt with.

Thanks,
Suresh