Bug with multiple port: dependencies in depends_lib ?

Olivier Croquette ocroquette at free.fr
Thu Jul 3 14:21:47 PDT 2008

Hi all

While working on my Portfile, I made the following strange observation
with depends_lib and multiple ports.

If I have:

   depends_lib         port:test-qt4-mac port:git-core

Then I get:
   Error: Dependency 'test-qt4-mac' not found.
So far, so good.

But if I switch the ports:

   depends_lib         port:git-core port:test-qt4-mac

There is no error! It just starts fetching and building my port.
Apparently, only the first port: is taken into consideration.

According to the doc:
http://guide.macports.org/#reference.dependencies.types
multiple ports are allowed.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

@Rainer: this is the reason why I didn't catch the problem with "qt4" in
<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15820> . Does your installation catch
the problem!?

Thanks