A rather unique issue

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 16 22:49:41 PDT 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 00:20, Mr. Bond wrote:

> There are several applications that I wish to use that are only
> really available through macports. However, when I try to install
> it, the installer responds that the install is successful, yet no
> files are actually written to the disk. When I attempted this from
> the command line in verbose mode, I received not a single error,
> yet no files were written. This macbook pro is basically new, I've
> only had it about a week, it's intell and lepoard, and the only
> things I have installed are adium, firefox, and deeper. Any
> Suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

You've given us nothing to go on. We need to know your version of Mac
OS X, Xcode and MacPorts, what computer you're using, what ports
you're trying to install, and how you arrived at the conclusion that
no files are actually written to disk. You should also examine the
output of "port contents <portname>" to see whether the files are
being installed some place you didn't expect.