jed needs slang upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 26 15:17:00 PDT 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 10:40, William Davis wrote:

> the version of jed offered by macports seems to need an upgraded
> version of slang to compile:
> ******
> slang.h (version=10409) does not match the slang library version
> (20103)
> Did you install slang as a shared library?  Did you run ldconfig?
> Perhaps you need to set the RPATH variable in the Makefile.
> You have an installation problem and you will need to check the SLANG
> variables in the Makefile and properly set them.
> Also try: make clean; make
> ******

I updated jed to 0.99-18 in http://trac.macports.org/ticket/14872

I did not and still do not have any trouble installing it with slang
1.4.9.

However I see there is also a slang2 port which provides version
2.1.3. Have you somehow installed both slang and slang2? It should
not be possible since both of these ports install ${prefix}/include/
slang.h.