Suggested port command enhancement?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 5 09:29:00 PDT 2008

Daniel Horwood wrote:
> On 04/06/2008, at 9:05 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 10.5.3 with macports 1.6,
> $ sudo pormirror
>
> outputs:
>    can't read "0": no such variable
>        while executing
>    "exec /usr/bin/tclsh "$0" "$@""
>        (file "/opt/local/bin/portmirror" line 3)

Hm, this looks like the line meant for /bin/sh got executed by Tcl. Yes,
  a backslash is missing there. I can confirm the issue for 1.6.0. But
it was already fixed in trunk and works there.

Quick fix for 1.6.0: Replace the first three lines of portmirror with
the first three lines from port. Or simply add the missing backslash at
the end of the modeline (line 2) in portmirror.

> Am I missing something? Also, are 'port mirror' or 'portmirror'
> documented anywhere?

Don't think so. I found out what they do by reading the source.

port mirror downloads the distfiles and stores them in the distfiles
map. portmirror iterates over the distfiles and deletes anything that is
not in the distfiles map.

Rainer