Request process for ports

Joe Schnide jschnide at umn.edu
Sun Jun 8 03:53:35 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm not sure of what the process is for requesting ports. If there is
an officail process, please provide a pointer to the document detailing
the process. The ports I'd like to request are:

bwctl
command line client application and a scheduling and policy daemon that
wraps Iperf
http://e2epi.internet2.edu/bwctl/

mturoute
check the mtu values between you and a host
http://www.elifulkerson.com/projects/mturoute.php

npad Pathdiag
http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/pathdiag/

OWAMP
command line client application and a policy daemon used to determine one
way latencies between hosts
http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/

thrulay is used to measure the capacity of a network by sending a
bulk TCP stream over it
Like other tools (such as iperf, netperf, nettest, nuttcp, ttcp, etc.),
thrulay can report  TCP throughput periodically so that TCP performance
plots can be produced. Unlike other tools, thrulay not only reports
goodput, but round-trip delay time as well. The output of thrulay
is easy to parse by machine (in fact, it's ready to be used as a data
file for gnuplot).
http://sourceforge.net/projects/thrulay/
http://e2epi.internet2.edu/thrulay/

dhcptool
http://freshmeat.net/projects/dhcptool/

openlldp
http://openlldp.sourceforge.net/

Please let me know if I can provide further information.

Thanks
Joe
--
-------