[dia] cannot compile : configure: error: perl not found; required for intltool

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 20 17:05:04 PDT 2008

On Jun 20, 2008, at 12:56 PM, Damien Clauzel wrote:

> PATH=/Users/root/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/
> Developer/Tools/:/Users/ltp/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/
> local/bin:/Developer/Tools/:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/sw/bin:/
> sw/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/
> usr/X11R6/bin:.:.

According to your PATH, you have MacPorts (/opt/local), and Fink (/
sw), and things manually installed in /usr/local. We do not recommend
or generally support using MacPorts alongside another package manager
(Fink) installed, or with things installed in /usr/local. Please
remove them (easiest way: rename /sw to /sw-off and /usr/local to /
usr/local-off), clean the affected port (sudo port clean --work foo)
and try again. We recommend you install any software you need using
MacPorts. If software you need is not in MacPorts, please file
tickets requesting portfiles be created, or better yet provide
portfiles if possible. Portfile creation instructions are in the
guide at http://guide.macports.org/