Unable to execute port: can't read "sysroot": no such variable

Olga Lyashevskaya olgalyashevskaya at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 09:07:52 PDT 2008

Dear Chris,

--- Chris Pickel <sfiera at macports.org> wrote:

> Have you upgraded to Leopard recently? If so, did
> you install the new
> version of Xcode? This kind of error often appears
> when people try to
> use Tiger's Xcode on Leopard.

It is a new iMac, and it came with Leopard on it, so I
presume that Xcode must be ok. How can I check it?

How can I install things with MacPorts? Sorry for my
ignorance, I am not very experienced with Mac. So far
I worked mostly on Linux, and now by using MacPorts I
just want to be able to use programs which are
originally developed for Linux (like dia in this case)

Thanks,
Olga