Remote build facilities

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Mar 14 08:29:30 PDT 2008

On Mar 14, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Tim Holy wrote:
> Is there a way to get some kind of developer account on a Mac
> somewhere
> (preferably one already set up as a macports development
> environment), so
> that I could work on it remotely?

Not that I'm aware of.

OpenDarwin used to run a couple of machines for MacPorts developers
(and others) to work on, but (at least so far) that's not something
that MacOSForge offers for us.

> I have the impression that Debian has
> servers for the use of their developers, I wonder if there is
> something
> analogous for Macs.

I'm not aware of any Mac OS X shell providers either.

There may be someone on the list who would be willing to give you
access to some machine somewhere, but your best bet is probably to
either get the school to loan you a machine (or access to one) or buy
a mac mini.

--
Daniel J. Luke