digikam & amarok ports?

Niels Ganser niels at pan.o.ra.ma
Sun Mar 16 04:53:28 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

coming from an Ubuntu background, I've been using fink for the last
months but am left quite unimpressed by the quality and up-to-dateness
of their packages (as well as availability and speed of the mirrors). Of
course it is an effort led solely by volunteers and as such I can't
really complain about the service they are providing. I have found
however, that software provided by the macports project is more recent
and generally more hassle-free to install and work with.

This of course was the long version of "thanks what you guys are doing!"..

However, I am dearly missing two programs from my KDE days which are
digikam and amarok. (http://www.digikam.org & http://amarok.kde.org). I
could not find those in your ports database so my question is: are they
provided by the "kde" port and as such not installable individually or
aren't they part of the macports project at all? If so: are there any
plans to include them in the future?

In any case, thanks for providing this fantastic service and best regards,
Niels.