how to delete deactivated ports

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 20 05:06:39 PDT 2008

    Charlse> I have a shell script that I run when I go to bed called
    Charlse> good-night and part of it that pertains to Macports goes like
    Charlse> this:

    Charlse> Your thoughts please.

My only thought would be to wrap the lines suitably:

    #!/opt/local/bin/bash

    cd "~/base/" \
    && /opt/local/bin/svn update \
    && PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin ./configure --enable-readline \
    && /usr/bin/make \
    && /opt/local/bin/sudo /usr/bin/make install \
    && /usr/bin/make clean \
    && /opt/local/bin/port -v selfupdate \
    && /opt/local/bin/port -fvdRnu upgrade outdated \
    && /opt/local/bin/port -fvdR clean --all installed \
    && /opt/local/bin/port -fvdR uninstall inactive \
    && /opt/local/bin/port -fvdR clean --all uninstalled

Now that I can read what you wrote ;-) I have a couple other questions:

    * Why not put /opt/local/bin in your PATH?
    * Why prefer /opt/local/bin/sudo over the version Apple installed?
    * Referencing /usr/bin/make suggests you think there's another version
      earlier in your PATH.  Kinda curious about that.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/