libpcap fetching fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 27 09:19:54 PDT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 15:30, Birkin James Diana wrote:

> MacPorts newbie here. Since the weekend when running 'sudo port
> install libpcap', fetching is tried from 6 sources, ultimately fails,
> and displays an error 'Status 1'. Is this common? Or can I reasonably
> assume some of the sites being tried will be back up within a week or
> so?

libpcap's web site, tcpdump.org, appears to be down. We have no
control over it. I have sent an email to the technical domain contact.

The last time this happened, someone uploaded the 0.9.5 source into
the MacPorts repository as a backup. But the port is now at version
0.9.8. I have now put the 0.9.8 source into the repository so
fetching should work again.