new pidgin

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 2 18:40:43 PDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 12:47 PM, MAS! wrote:

>> I had a look for the new pidgin once and decided to not
>> update pidgin as I disagree with the new features such
>> as automatic resize of the input text area.
>
> I see.. btw, IMHO, that's a real pity :(

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a good reason not to update the port.
If a new version of software is released, the port should be updated
to that version (assuming it compiles on our supported platforms and
such). If there's a need for keeping the older version around, then I
agree with the previous poster who said a new port should then be
created (by copying the older version of the pidgin port).