[Ticket 12765] Hydra will not compile against libssh 0.2

Matrix Mole matrixm at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:03:07 PDT 2008

I was trying to login and add some notes to ticket 12765 and it seems
there is a problem with trac with this ticket. When I go to login for
editing the ticket, it gives me an error "The requested URL
/ticket/12765 was not found on this server."

If not logged in and do a search for hydra on trac.macports.org , then
this ticket can be found as the second of the search results. Although
doing a search for the ticket number comes up empty as well.

I was going to recommend that hydra have the libssh dependency
removed, as the software compiles fine without it, just without ssh
support. The hydra code recommends using libssh version 0.11 and
unfortunately, it doesn't look like any work has been done on the
hydra code since May of 2006.

I don't know if there's any precedent for having software that
requires an older library version that the most current available,
otherwise I'd suggest keeping libssh 0.11 specifically for hydra.

Matrix Mole