Fetch failed

Igor Mikushkin igor.mikushkin at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:10:01 PDT 2008

Hello!

When I try to install something I see

Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed

I think the problem is in my proxy settings.
I set http_proxy, FTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY and ALL_PROXY in my
~/.profile and it does not seems to work.
Maybe I do something wrong?

Somehow I can download all things I need with my browser.
Then I copy them into
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/<portname>/." as described in
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist.
And I get nothing...
For example I copied libiconv-1.12.tar.gz into
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/libiconv" but "sudo port install
libiconv" still try to fetch it.
How do I can make macports use local one?

Thanks.

Best Regards.
Igor Mikushkin