difficulty using qt4-mac with SoQt/Coin library: tool names and include files

Jochen Küpper kuepper.jochen at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 13:04:30 PDT 2008

On 08.05.2008, at 21:45, David Henderson wrote:

> The problem is, the qt4-mac portfile installs the tools by appending
> the suffix -mac, and this confuses the SoQt configure process.

A word from your (way too busy) maintainer: I am very strongly
opposing this policy of simply changing the install names. However, I
overlooked this change in a larger patch some time ago, therefore, I
now reverted it.
If you re-install Qt4, you will find the tools as expected...

If someone has trouble with conflicts between different Qt versions,
please go ahead and implement a mechanism similar to gcc_select or
python_select, that will be the real fix and would be very welcome.

Kevin, please add yourself as maintainer to the Portfile if you wish.

Greetings,
Jochen

PS: as an interim solution one could of course do the renaming in a
variant, but this is really a poor hack...
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll