GTK+ broken: anyone knows why?

nox n.oxyde at gmail.com
Thu May 8 23:18:44 PDT 2008

Le 5 mai 08 à 16:24, Shreevatsa R a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> The GTK+ port (gtk2) is broken in multiple ways:
>
> 1. Did anything change in the base recently? It used to be that
> variants chosen are passed on to dependencies as well, but it appears
> that now `port install gtk2 +quartz` and `port install gtk2 +quartz
> +no_x11` do different things, although the port gtk2 has "variant
> quartz requires no_x11 ..." in it. That is, `port install gtk2
> +quartz` installs the X11 version of pango, etc., instead of pango
> +no_x11. Same with cairo.
>
> 2. After installing (`port install gtk2 +quartz +no_x11`) and
> installing any GTK+ application on top of it, all windows display only
> boxes; fonts don't work. This might be related to the recent changes
> in cairo, or pango, or something.
>
> I will try to debug these because I want to get this working, but was
> hoping someone would have ideas.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Shreevatsa

Weird:

$ sudo port -d fetch +quartz
Password:
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/nox/src/MacPorts/dports/x11/
gtk2
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port gtk2.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port gtk2.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port gtk2.
DEBUG: Executing variant x11 provides x11
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/nox/src/MacPorts/dports/x11/
gtk2
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port gtk2.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port gtk2.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port gtk2.
DEBUG: Executing variant no_x11 provides no_x11
DEBUG: Executing variant quartz provides quartz
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (gtk2)
--->  Fetching gtk2
DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-org.macports.fetch-fetch-0
DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-org.macports.fetch-fetch-1
DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-org.macports.fetch-fetch-2
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.fetch (gtk2)

It seems gtk2 Portfile is opened twice and I think the dependencies
are build between the two, where the default +x11 variant has been
executed.