error installing cogito

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue May 13 01:47:08 PDT 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 1:54 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2008, at 7:09 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
> [about the Leopard problem where some ports fail to install properly
> with a seemingly endless variety of bizarre error messages if
> installing them causes a dependency to be installed first, but the
> port succeeds if you try the install a second time (because now it
> has no dependencies to install)]
>
> Thanks for the analysis! I added a link to your explanation to http://trac.macports.org/wiki/LeopardProblems
>
> Do we really not have a macports base ticket for this issue yet? I
> couldn't find one but maybe I'm searching wrong. We need one so that
> we can mark all the other port bugs that are cropping up as
> duplicates of it.

Oh, yeah, this issue.  It's coming from a patch in tcl-64 [1] which
patches Tcl to use putenv() for handling the environment.  I filed a
radar [2] with Apple and it was closed as a dup so they definitely
know about it, and maybe 10.5.3 (maybe not since it's pretty close?)
or 10.5.4 and we shouldn't have to worry about this anymore.

Bryan

[1] - http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5.2/tcl-64/
[2] - rdar://problem/5878954