encfs 1.4.2 fails to configure

Sonikbuddha - sonikbuddha at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 18:25:08 PDT 2008

I've been attempting to install the newest version of encfs, version 1.4.2, which was released last month, but it has been failing every time it attempts to configure with the below error.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?  I have not found a bug tracker ticket for it as of yet.

Since I recently reinstalled macports, I have only the most recent required packages installed and nothing else.  I am running Leopard 10.5.2, macports 1.6, xcode 3.0.

Final error in configure output.  I am also attaching my config.log:

checking for boostlib>= 1.33... yes
configure: WARNING: BOOST_CPPFLAGS -I/opt/local/include
checking whether the Boost::Serialization library is available... yes
configure: error: Could not link against  !

http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?souce=EML_WL_ GoodCause