gnucash

James E. Bailey jamesebailey at mac.com
Mon May 19 12:53:25 PDT 2008

Am 19.05.2008 um 14:40 schrieb Joshua Root:

> James E. Bailey wrote:
>> Hello, I'm trying install the port for gnucash and I come into a
>> problem with one of the dependencies: AfterStep. The portfile wants
>> to download version 2.1.0 which is old and unavailable. There are
>> several newer and older versions available, and I can download or
>> install them myself, but I don't know how to get macports to
>> recognise them. Is there anything I can do? Can I update the
>> portfile? I really don't know how to do that or where to begin, but
>> I thought I would ask here first.
>
> For future reference, the best place to ask for help with ports that
> have no maintainer is the macports-users mailing list (which I have
> added to cc).
>
> As far as I can tell, AfterStep is not a dependency of gnucash. What
> led you to the conclusion that it is?
>
> The problem with AfterStep seems to be that the tarball required by
> the port has been moved into a 'v2.1' subdirectory on the server.
> That's easy to fix.
>
> Updating the port to a newer AfterStep version may be as simple as
> changing the version number and checksums, or it may be a lot more
> work. No doubt Waqar has a better idea of which it would be.
>
> If you want to learn about writing Portfiles and contributing to
> MacPorts in general, see the Guide at http://guide.macports.org/.
>
> - Josh

Haha, I forgot I have to subscribe to the list in order to send a
message…

Thanks, I just ran install variants: without_hbci, universal gnucash,
and among the files macports decided to try and download AfterStep was
included. I downloaded the portfile and am attempting to build and add
it to my own macports repository now, but I'll look for other