My own repo of MacPorts (freezing distfiles)?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue May 20 07:38:26 PDT 2008

Yes, you can use rsync://, file://, http:// or mports:// here.

> And also changing:
>
>     /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
>

> this line:
>
>     # Rsync server to fetch MacPorts sources from
>
>     rsync_server            rsync.macports.org <http://rsync.macports.org>

This setting is used for selfupdate only. So if you don't want your
clients to update to another versions, use your own rsync server which
got the version you want to be used.

> What if I wanted to place a bunch of "frozen" versioned distfiles on my
> server but instead of running rsync, it was just subversion instead? How
> does MacPorts currently bridge between the rsync protocol and svn?

You can use a file:/// path in sources.conf pointing to a svn checkout.
If a file:/// path contains an .svn directory, 'port sync' will use svn
to sync it.

Rainer