Qt4-mac issue

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 22 09:13:26 PDT 2008

I have run into a problem using the new version of Qt4-mac (4.4).  I
am trying to build sqliteman, an application that uses Qt4.  It would
build fine for me with the prior Qt4 macport version.  And I have been
informed that it does work fine with 4.4 on other platforms.
The problem is that when I try to do the build I get errors from make,
after cmake.  The problem is that make is looking in the wrong place
for include files and such.
If I do a verbose build I get things like this on the make:
-I/opt/local/include/qt4 -I/opt/local/include/qt4/QtGui
But these directories don't exist.  I believe that they were the
correct place location to find things for Qt4.3?  It seems like they
were moved to /opt/local/Library/Frameworks....
So the question is how to get cmake/make to correctly find this
change?  I am not sure if this is actually a problem with something
being cached in my sqliteman directory, or if it is a problem with how
cmake locates directories?  Is there a bad link somewhere in the Qt
install?

Frankly I am not sure if this is a bug in Macports Qt4, in sqliteman,
in how to use cmake, or where to find the answer.  But I figured I
would start with macports, since that is where the change in locations
for directories occurred.

Thanks,

--Adam