Problems Installing gtk2 +quartz

Tim Visher tim.visher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 17:12:48 PST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I'm attempting to install `gtk2 +quartz` and I'm failing when it
attempts to install `pango 1.22.2` with the following error

    Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: pango 1.22.2
requires glib 2.17.3 or later but you have glib 2.16.5.

The problem is that when I run `port list installed` and fgrep for
glib I get the following:

    glib1                          @1.2.10         devel/glib1
    glib2                          @2.18.1         devel/glib2
    glib2                          @2.18.1         devel/glib2
    glib2                          @2.18.1         devel/glib2
    glib2                          @2.18.1         devel/glib2

Nowhere in there is glib 2.16.5, and all I have are versions greater
than 2.17.3. What's the issue here? Is there a way that I can check
which version of glib2 it's grabbing? I don't think I would've
installed it at some other time but maybe.

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.