Can't install libglade

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun Nov 23 19:25:05 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 06:03:23PM -0800, Frank J. R. Hanstick said:
> Hello,
> 	I have 10.4.11 PPC with Xcode 2.5 and gcc version 4.0.1.  I wonder if a
> libglade upgrade made the configuration outdated.
>
> 	I tried "sudo port install libglade2" and the result was the port is
> already active.  I also do not have an "/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog"
> directory.  Is this going to be a problem?  If it is, then is there a way
> to uninstall and reinstall libglade2 since it is a dependency of another
> module?  Uninstall gets very unhappy when trying to uninstall dependency
> modules.
>
> 	I think it was libglade2 that resulted in the "opt/local/etc/xml/
> catalog" error message in "sudo port install ibgnomeui".  I remember
> seeing the 2.6.3 (see my highlighted 4).  I ran "sudo port selfupdate"
> before doing the install.  The documentation states that selfupdate
> synchronizes the port tree; therefore, I assume that selfupdate ensures
> that the ports are most current as well.  Is this an incorrect assumption?

selfupdate does synchronize the port tree, but that alone doesn't upgrade
what ports you actually have installed.  Check the output of 'port outdated'
after you selfupdate, that will tell you what ports have been updated since
you installed them.  I'm guessing the libxml2 port will be one of them, and
if so, once upgraded, then the etc/xml/catalog error should go away.

Bryan

> Frank
>
>> n Nov 23, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 03:15:45AM -0800, Frank J. R. Hanstick said:
>>> Hello,
>>> 	During my attempt to install openvrml, I needed to install libglade.
>>> decided to port it via MacPorts (sudo port install libglade) which
>>> resulted in the following error message:
>>>
>>> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
>>> local/var/macports/build/
>>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_deve
>>> l_l