MacPorts 1.6.0 10.5 Leopard DMG

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 27 02:04:41 PST 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 23:19, Jayson Christian wrote:

> Funny thing is I attempted to download the latest DMG about two
> weeks ago now and with me unable to get on to the net all the time
> due to being out and about here on Operations in the Middle East I
> have forgotten why I started out to get it in the first place.  I
> am sure it will come to me in time.
>
> Anyway, I am having trouble downloading the DMG for some reason.
> It is only 412.79KB but for some reason it always stalls at
> 140.00KB regardless of how I try to download it.  Any suggestions
> of how I can get the download or is there some way you can email it
> to me?

It downloads fine from here so I suspect a network problem (or even
an intentional network restriction) on your end. You can try
downloading it from a different server; I just put it up on my server
for you to try:

http://www.ryandesign.com/tmp/MacPorts-1.6.0-10.5-Leopard.dmg

If that doesn't work, speak with your network administrator, or try
downloading using a different network if you can find one.

If you want to try it by email, let me know off-list and I can try
emailing it to you, though I don't know if that will be any more
successful. If you create a drop box on your iDisk, I could also try
copying it there for you. However, if you can't download more than
140K files via http, you will have a tough time using MacPorts, which
needs to download larger files than that in order to install most
ports. If you can't work around that problem, then for any port you
want to install, you'd have to get the distfiles by another means,
and put them in the place MacPorts expects them (/opt/local/var/
macports/distfiles/${name}).