Gnome won't install

Bernard Watts watts at imem.cnr.it
Mon Oct 6 08:35:06 PDT 2008

I've just installed Gwyddion on a Power PC macos x 10.4.11and some of
my experiences (for neophytes only)

Xcode isn't necessarily installed it needs unpacking
It needs to be a sufficiently updated version of Xcode. I used
version 2.4.1. Yes sign into the apple developers to get to the
download and then install.

type "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin" if you get "sudo port command
not found"
Follow the instructions

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gwyddion

take the rest of the day off for it to install

The key for me was having an updated version of Xcode compatible with
the OS

Bernard Watts MA D.Phil

**##NOTE. My TELEPHONE NUMBER HAS Changed to (+39) 0521 269207 **##