dylib wowes after OS upgrade

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Oct 6 11:39:29 PDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 2:27 PM, Brian Dunn wrote:
> just upgraded osx from 10.4 to 10.5, and I'm getting lots of dylib
> problems.
>
> for example:
> $ /opt/local/bin/ssh
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libkafs.0.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/ssh
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

so ... is there a file at /opt/local/lib/libkafs.0.dylib ?

> and:
>
> $port install subversion
> :
> :
> grep: /opt/local/lib/libgssapi.la: No such file or directory
> sed: /opt/local/lib/libgssapi.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/opt/local/lib/libgssapi.la' is not a valid libtool
> archive
>
> I think that second one is due to problems with linking to the new
> system kerberos.

Well, it looks like it's trying to link to a macports kerberos, but
the macports kerberos you have installed is broken somehow. I think
you probably had an older install of the macports kerberos anyway,
because it was renamed so that subversion wouldn't pick it up
automatically (among other reasons).

> anyone know how to fix this mess? any one had success
> doing an OS upgrade and fixing their ports dylibs?
> am i sol and just have to do a clean install?

Since some ports do different things based on which Mac OS major
version they are installed on, it's probably best to either start over
or uninstall/clean/reinstall your ports (don't upgrade them, as then
you'll get the old platform variants + the new ones selected if they
both exist - and that's probably a bug in the upgrade procedure that
should be fixed).

You can probably just track down and fix whatever is broken,
otherwise ... it's just up to you whether you want to spend time doing
that, or spend time waiting for macports to rebuild things for you.

--
Daniel J. Luke