ruby - pg

Tom Allison tom at tacocat.net
Mon Oct 6 14:23:19 PDT 2008

I'm struggling here between the different mailing lists and postings.

What I would like to get running is the ruby DBI on postgresql 8.3.

macports seems to support 8.1 only.
rubygems is mostly DOA every time I try to install and run them.

They install without error, but cannot be loaded.

Is there a path I need to set?
Some other method?

There's a lot pf pages out there talking about a lot of different
packages available.  As near as I can tell - ruby-pg is the one I want
to install under the DBI library.

One thing that is a must have is prepared statements for performance.  I
don't think ORM do this very well.