mono-addins and pango

Bart Masschelein masschel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:52:51 PDT 2008

Hi,

A while ago I made a request to upgrade mono-addins from version 0.3
to version 0.3.1, in order to be able to compile and run MonoDevelop,
without nasty errors at start-up. I configured this myself, and
uploaded a patch to the list. So, for me it is solved, but maybe
others might be interested as well. After I saw the port was not
upgraded yet, I still tried 'upgrade mono-addins', and it tried to
upgrade some other ports as well, amongst which pango, however
unsuccesfully. This is the error I got, during configure:

checking for GLIB... configure: error:
*** Glib 2.17.3 or better is required. The latest version of
*** Glib is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

I checked, and I have glib2 @2.18.1_0+darwin_9, and it is active. I
tried to install glib2-devel @2.17.7_0+darwin_9 as well, but then it
gave me trouble because I had to deactivate the glib2 first. I tried
this, but to no avail: I got the same error. I switched back to glib2
after that.

MacPorts is two inches away from installing monodevelop using ports
(see http://www.naiznoiz.share-a-book.com/?p=27)...

Bart