CMake 2.6

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Sep 4 06:50:25 PDT 2008

Jean-Charles VERDIE (Pleyo) wrote:
> I'm using CMake 2.6 on OSX from MacPorts.
> When using the env. variable CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, it is hard coded to
> "/usr/local" on UNIX systems and we fall in this category.
> It does not make sense in my opinion since MacPort roots to /opt/local.
> What's the opinion on this?

If using cmake outside of MacPorts you could accidentally write files to
/opt/local which are out of control of MacPorts. I think /usr/local is a
more reasonable default. Ports using cmake can still overwrite it in the
 Portfile.

To do this automatically we could think about a cmake portgroup (maybe
wait for #14553) or support it in base as a new build.type, as the
number of ports using cmake seems to grow.

Rainer