mutt, ISO-8859-1, and Terminal.app

Jens Troeger savage at light-speed.de
Tue Sep 9 10:28:34 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm running on OS-X 10.4.11 and Terminal version 1.5.1 (133-1).  Just
recently I installed MacPorts, including mutt-devel so that I can access
my gmail.com account.  It all works nicely; however, there's one big
annoyance: ISO-8859-1 text.  Some strings in the email header contain
such characters:

  From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bla Bl=ECn?=" < bla at bla >

and that's exactly what I see in my email list in mutt.  No actual name
with language specific characters, but instead this blob of undecoded
string.

I've tried to fix this but nothing seems to help.  I tried to change
LANG, the locale, whatnot, nothing works.

Does anybody have an idea what's going on here, and how I can fix that?
Thanks heaps!

Jens

--
Jens Troeger