Another getting started thread

David I postpostpostpostpostpostpost at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 21:07:56 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2008, at 1:37 PM, David I wrote:
>
>> Okay.  I figured it out, I was double clicking the port file in the
>> bin folder, which made everything a port command.
>
> Oh! Yes that would do it too. :) Glad you figured it out.
>
>> I ran the .profile
>> command, closed the window, ran selfupdate, it all worked.  I try to
>> install rrgbis and it works fine, but then I get this:
>>
>> ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11/lib/libGL.dylib
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[3]: *** [libftgl.la] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>> make: *** [ftgl] Error 2
>>
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>

>> This appears to be the second error from this page:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/LeopardProblems
>>

>> Unfortunately, I don't understand what to do for the fix, because I
>> don't really know what a platform darwin 9 block is, and I wouldn't
>> know where to add the code in it if it bit me in the ass.
>
> That does sound like one of the usual Leopard issues, however I have no
> problem installing rrgbis on Mac OS X 10.5.4 PowerPC with Xcode 3.1 and
> MacPorts built from trunk. Is your OS and Xcode up to date? Is it really the
> rrgbis port that's issuing this error message, or is it one of rrgbis'
> dependencies? You snipped the part of the output that would have told us.
> Still, all of its dependencies clearly also built for me on Leopard so I'm
> not really sure what's wrong. Are you using Apple's X11 (I am) or Xquartz?

Since I've never heard of Xquartz, I think it's safe to say I'm using X11.
I'm on an Intel macbook, just got it two weeks ago, it's the midrange one.
While looking up my Xcode vesion, I noticed a program called Quartz
composer.  Ran a search for Xquartz.  Xcode is v. 3.0.  Let's see what
updating it does...
5 Minutes later:  There doesn't appear to be an Xcode 3.1.  On apple's
site it says Xcode 3.

Anyway, the reason I didn't hit you with the whole install log was because
I didn't want to spam you, but okay, here it is:
$ sudo port install rrgbis
Password:
--->  Building rrgbis with target default
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_games_rrgbis/work/rrgbis"
&& make default " returned error 2
Command output: sqvm.h:39: warning: 'lci$_literals' is used
uninitialized in this function
sqvm.h:39: warning: 'lci$_target' is used uninitialized in this function
sqvm.h:39: warning: 'lci$_root' is used uninitialized in this function
sqvm.h: In member function 'bool SQVM::StartCall(SQClosure*,
SQInteger, SQInteger, SQInteger, bool)':
sqvm.h:39: warning: 'lc$_ip' is used uninitialized in this function
sqvm.h:39: warning: 'lc$_literals' is used uninitialized in this function
ar rc ../lib/libsquirrel.a *.o
rm *.o
cd src/squirrel/sqstdlib; make
gcc -O2  -fno-rtti -Wall -c sqstdblob.cpp sqstdio.cpp sqstdstream.cpp
sqstdmath.cpp sqstdsystem.cpp sqstdstring.cpp sqstdaux.cpp
sqstdrex.cpp -I../include -I. -Iinclude -DSQUNICODE
../include/sqstdio.h:9: warning: 'struct SQStream' has virtual
functions but non-virtual destructor
../include/sqstdio.h:9: warning: 'struct SQStream' has virtual
functions but non-virtual destructor
../include/sqstdio.h:9: warning: 'struct SQStream' has virtual
functions but non-virtual destructor
sqstdsystem.cpp: In function 'SQInteger sqstd_register_systemlib(SQVM*)':
sqstdsystem.cpp:137: warning: unused variable 'i'
sqstdsystem.cpp: At global scope:
sqstdsystem.cpp:85: warning: 'SQInteger _system_date(SQVM*)' defined
but not used
ar rc ../lib/libsqstdlib.a *.o
rm *.o
cd src/FTGL; make
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++
-I/usr/X11/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11/include   -no-undefined
-version-number 2:1:3  -o libftgl.la -rpath /opt/local/lib
libftgl_la-FTBuffer.lo libftgl_la-FTCharmap.lo libftgl_la-FTContour.lo
libftgl_la-FTFace.lo libftgl_la-FTGlyphContainer.lo
libftgl_la-FTLibrary.lo libftgl_la-FTPoint.lo libftgl_la-FTSize.lo
libftgl_la-FTVectoriser.lo libftgl_la-FTGlyph.lo
libftgl_la-FTGlyphGlue.lo libftgl_la-FTBitmapGlyph.lo
libftgl_la-FTBufferGlyph.lo libftgl_la-FTExtrudeGlyph.lo
libftgl_la-FTOutlineGlyph.lo libftgl_la-FTPixmapGlyph.lo
libftgl_la-FTPolygonGlyph.lo libftgl_la-FTTextureGlyph.lo
libftgl_la-FTFont.lo libftgl_la-FTFontGlue.lo
libftgl_la-FTBitmapFont.lo libftgl_la-FTBufferFont.lo
libftgl_la-FTExtrudeFont.lo libftgl_la-FTOutlineFont.lo
libftgl_la-FTPixmapFont.lo libftgl_la-FTPolygonFont.lo
libftgl_la-FTTextureFont.lo  libftgl_la-FTLayout.lo
libftgl_la-FTLayoutGlue.lo libftgl_la-FTSimpleLayout.lo
-L/usr/X11/lib -lfreetype -lz
-Wl,-framework,CoreServices,-framework,ApplicationServices -Xlinker
-framework -Xlinker OpenGL
g++ -dynamiclib  -o .libs/libftgl.2.1.3.dylib
.libs/libftgl_la-FTBuffer.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTCharmap.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTContour.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTFace.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTGlyphContainer.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTLibrary.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTPoint.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTSize.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTVectoriser.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTGlyph.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTGlyphGlue.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTBitmapGlyph.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTBufferGlyph.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTExtrudeGlyph.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTOutlineGlyph.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTPixmapGlyph.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTPolygonGlyph.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTTextureGlyph.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTFont.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTFontGlue.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTBitmapFont.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTBufferFont.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTExtrudeFont.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTOutlineFont.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTPixmapFont.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTPolygonFont.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTTextureFont.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTLayout.o
.libs/libftgl_la-FTLayoutGlue.o .libs/libftgl_la-FTSimpleLayout.o
-L/usr/X11/lib /usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.dylib -lz  -Wl,-framework
-Wl,CoreServices -Wl,-framework -Wl,ApplicationServices -Wl,-framework
-Wl,OpenGL -install_name  /opt/local/lib/libftgl.2.dylib
-compatibility_version 4 -current_version 4.3 -Wl,-single_module
ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11/lib/libGL.dylib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libftgl.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [ftgl] Error 2

The funny thing is, I already have all of the REQ's installed because
of previous attempts.

>> PS thank you for all your great help!
>
> No problem! P.S: Don't forget to Reply All so your replies go to the list,
> not just to me; others besides me might be able to help too.

Whups!