failed to build dia

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Mon Sep 29 08:19:44 PDT 2008

Normen Müller wrote:

>> The building of GTK+ 2.14 has been fixed in revision 2.
>> You will still get activation problems with conflicts
>> against the "gail" port, but that is expected since
>> gail has now been included in gtk2. This is the same as:
>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16688 (for +quartz)
>> --anders
> Don't want to get on your nerves, but what does that mean.  I still
> can't install dia and gtk 2.4, respectively?
>
> Is there any other choice to get dia installed?  If yes, could
> please provide me with some installation instructions?

It only means that when you install gtk2, you'll get a:

Error: port activate failed: Image error: /opt/local/include/gail-1.0/
gail/gailwidget.h is being used by the active gail port.  Please
deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.

And then you'll need to do an extra step like this:

sudo port -f activate gtk2 @2.14.3_2+x11

That'll move the old gail inside, and then it's done.
Eventually the old gail port will get deleted/removed.

--anders