new milestone: Port Binaries

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Apr 4 00:19:50 PDT 2009

On 2009-04-04 02:49, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Do we really feel this is an appropriate use of a milestone?

That's exactly what #14909 is about :-)

> I was on
> the fence about it so I didn't say anything, hoping someone else
> would chime in. It seems to me that any software issues like mpab and
> any base modifications would go in the MacPorts ${version}
> milestones,

MPAB is not part of base, so I don't see why it should go into MacPorts
${version} where we keep the tickets for the releases.

> and any server-related issues would go in the ... well,
> the nonexistent servers milestone. Whenever I have a servers issue, I
> use the server/hosting component and leave the milestone blank. :-/
> Which is probably fine; not everything needs a milestone...

The good thing is, the roadmap offers quick access to active tickets in
each milestone. If we switch to component/type instead, I would say we
need to add similar reports or create such a wiki page with Trac query
links.

Rainer