nss build error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 7 03:57:56 PDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 14:52, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> 	Following a "sudo port selfupdate" the nss error changed from the
> previous to the following:
>
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command "cd /opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_n
> ss/work/nss-3.12 && make -C mozilla/security/coreconf/nsinstall &&
> make -C mozilla/security/dbm && make -C mozilla/security/nss
> NSPR_LIB_DIR=/opt/local/lib/nspr NSS_USE_SYSTEM_SQLITE=1" returned
> error 2
> Command output: _PR_GMTParameters referenced from libnss3 expected
> to be defined in /opt/local/lib/libnspr4.dylib
> _PR_LocalTimeParameters referenced from libnss3 expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libnspr4.dylib

[snip]

There isn't any /opt/local/lib/libnspr4.dylib anymore; it's now /opt/
local/lib/nspr/libnspr4.dylib. That's what the latest update to nspr
in r49079 did. So now all ports that use nspr have to be updated to
use nspr from that new location. For nss this should have been fixed
in r49081, which added the parameter NSPR_LIB_DIR=/opt/local/lib/
nspr. But I see from your output above that you already have this
update. Can you clean and try again with the -d flag and show us the
full output?