sudo port install trac +mysql +postgres (install errors)

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Tue Apr 14 22:34:57 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 08:25:48PM -0500, Bill Hernandez said:

> On Apr 13, 2009, at 10:10 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
>> Dang, nothing more specific about what is going on.  It looks similar to
>>
>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/numpy-discussion@scipy.org/msg15015.html>
>>
>> but unfortunately no resolution that might help in this case.  Could be
>> some
>> odd interaction between python 2.6 and Mac OS X 10.4 (since I had no
>> problems with py26-genshi on 10.5); other than making sure you have
>> Xcode
>> 2.5 for building, I'm not sure what else to try.
>>
>> Anyone else reading this successful in installing py26-genshi on 10.4?
>>
>> Bryan
>

> Can you suggest anyone else I could try to contact, that might know what
> all the error messages mean ?
>
> Afer trying to get trac working for a couple of weeks, I am about to give
> up trying to install it on Tiger, there's no software worth this much
> effort. This is way too much pain...

After some time, py26-genshi installed fine on my 10.4.11 ppc machine, so it
doesn't appear to be a general 2.6+10.4 issue.

Does the following break in the same way?

$ python2.6 -c 'import doctest'

If so then it seems like there may be something weird going on with the
_random.so file; the output of the following may also be interesting:

$ otool -L /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_random.so

For both 10.4 and 10.5 mine are linked only with libgcc_s and libSystem.

Bryan