problem installing doxygen on 10.5.6

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 21 21:50:49 PDT 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 23:27, Victor Eijkhout wrote:

> On 2009/04/21, at 6:49 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Do you have libiconv installed with the universal variant? If so,
>> what architectures did you request in your macports.conf? If you
>> requested any 64-bit architectures, it might be the cause of this
>> error.
>
> Can you talk me through this?
> 1/ If libiconv is installed, it's not by me.
>
> "port installed" gives
>   libiconv @1.12_0+darwin_8 (active)

Ok, so libiconv is installed, and is not universal.

But you don't have the current version. You have 1.12_0, and the bug
was fixed in 1.12_2. Update your MacPorts and your port definitions,
then upgrade libiconv and anything else that's outdated.

sudo port selfupdate
port outdated
sudo port upgrade libiconv