A different openjdk6 install problem

David Rowe drowe at roden.myzen.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 16:06:13 PDT 2009

Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2009, at 20:21 , David Rowe wrote:
>> I had thought it was possible that a suitable declaration of
>> 'X_ShmAttach' could be supplied by #including
>> <X11/extensions/shmproto.h> - so I inserted an appropriate #include
>> statement near the beginning of awt_GraphicsEnv.c
> Hm.  Actually not; that's internal, you want <X11/extensions/XShm.h>
> which includes shmproto.h after doing some other setup that's needed
> for it to work right.

I just tried that - but no joy - I still get the same error reports.

On my system, the file /opt/local/include/X11/extensions/XShm.h contains:
  . . . .
#include <X11/extensions/shm.h>
  . . . .

but not
#include <X11/extensions/shmproto.h>

In fact I got MacOS to search the entire system - and there is no file
that I can see that includes 'shmproto.h'

There seems to be a fundamental fault here.
Has anyone out there got openjdk6 to work under MacPorts?

David Rowe