Problem installing tk 8.5.6 on Tiger

Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 10:46:04 PDT 2009

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your response.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Ryan Schmidt<ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2009, at 00:32, Ivan Rambius Ivanov wrote:
>
>> I am using MacPorts 1.710 on Tiger 10.4.11. I am trying to install tk
>> 8.5.6 and I am getting the following error:
>>
>> $ sudo port install tk
>
> [snip]
>
>> error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
>
> ${prefix}/include/X11/Xlib.h is provided by xorg-libX11 which is a
> dependency of xorg-libXext which is a dependency of xorg-libXScrnSaver which
> is a dependency of tk so you should have this file. Do you? Do you have the
> aforementioned ports installed and active?

Yes, I have X11/Xlib.h file:

$ ls /opt/local/include/X11/Xlib.h
/opt/local/include/X11/Xlib.h
$ file /opt/local/include/X11/Xlib.h
/opt/local/include/X11/Xlib.h: ASCII C program text

And yes, I also have the dependency ports installed:

$ port installed xorg-libX11
  xorg-libX11 @1.2.1_0
  xorg-libX11 @1.2.2_0 (active)
$ port installed xorg-libXext
  xorg-libXext @1.0.5_1
  xorg-libXext @1.0.99.4_1 (active)
$ port installed xorg-libXScrnSaver
  xorg-libXScrnSaver @1.1.3_0
  xorg-libXScrnSaver @1.1.3_1 (active)

I am completely out of ideas.

> P.S: For future reference, you can get the full output of the failure from
> MacPorts, too, if you use the debug switch:
>
> $ sudo port -d install tk

Point taken. Thank you for the reminder.

Regards
Rambius

--
Tangra Mega Rock: http://www.radiotangra.com