php5

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Aug 26 15:43:54 PDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2009, at 16:37, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> I can not seem to get php5 to go:
>> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/08.26.09/php5-7a34d22a-143634.txt
>
> Looks like this bug, which seems to affect PowerPC only, or maybe 64-
> bit PowerPC only (are you building 64-bit PowerPC? either +universal
> or by setting build_arch?)
>
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=48198
>
> They've fixed it in CVS. I'll see if I can apply the patch locally.

I have a PPC Dual G5 that this is going into, that is all I know.
Other than that, I have not edited or changed anything to the configs
of MacPorts.

I am sort of on a wire here, live server, and yes, php's old install
is still sitting in memory and running fine, until the power goes out
or something :)

All I did was:
$sudo port -d install php5

$cat macports.conf
# MacPorts system wide configuration file
# $Id: macports.conf.in 41379 2008-11-01 05:49:19Z jmr at macports.org $

# Set the directory in which to install ports
prefix			/opt/local

# Where to store MacPorts working data
portdbpath		/opt/local/var/macports

# Type of storage to use for the port registry information, "flat" or
"sqlite"
# NOTE: sqlite not yet supported.
portdbformat		flat

# Type of installation to do for ports, "direct" or "image".  See
macports.conf(5) and online documentation.
portinstalltype		image

# PATH settings that are used for external tools (configure, make,
etc.) while installing ports. The default
# paths are given in the example; it need not be uncommented.
Customizing binpath is intended for advanced users only.
#binpath		/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/
sbin:/usr/X11/bin

# Directory containing the X11 installation.
x11prefix		/usr/X11

# Directory containing Applications from ports.
applications_dir	/Applications/MacPorts

# Directory containing Frameworks from ports.
frameworks_dir		/opt/local/Library/Frameworks

# Where to find the sources list.
sources_conf		/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf

# Where to find global variants definition file (optional)
variants_conf		/opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf

# Create and use binary archive packages for installation/
reinstallation ease
portarchivemode		no

# Where to store/retrieve ports binary archive files
portarchivepath		/opt/local/var/macports/packages

# Type of binary archive packages to create when using archive mode
#
# Note: Multiple types ARE allowed and must be a colon or comma
# separated list of choices (NO spaces). Use of multiple types will
# cause archive creation to build all the specified types in one step.
# Unarchive uses multiple types as a search list to locate the archive,
# first archive to match one of the specified types in order is used.
#
# Supported types: tgz (default), tar, tbz, tbz2, tlz, xar, zip, cpgz,
cpio
portarchivetype		tgz

# Use ccache (C/C++ compiler cache) - see http://ccache.samba.org/
configureccache		no

# Use distcc (distributed compiler) - see http://distcc.samba.org/
configuredistcc		no

# Use pipes rather than intermediate files when compiling C/C++/etc
configurepipe		no

# Lowered scheduling priority (0-20) to use for make when building ports
buildnicevalue		0

# Number of simultaneous make jobs (commands) to use when building
ports. This
# value may be set to 0 so the number of simultaneous make jobs will
be set to
# the number of CPU cores that are automatically detected.
buildmakejobs		1

# Set whether to automatically execute "clean" after "install" of ports
portautoclean		yes

# Rsync server to fetch MacPorts sources from. Note that this is only
used
# for selfupdate. The source(s) for the ports tree are set in
sources.conf.
# Known mirrors at time of writing (see http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors
# for the current list):
#   rsync.macports.org        - California, USA (master)
#   trd.no.rsync.macports.org - Trondheim, Norway
rsync_server		rsync.macports.org

# Rsync directory from which to pull the base/ component
(infrastructure) of MacPorts
rsync_dir			release/base/

# Rsync options
rsync_options		-rtzv --delete-after

# Options for Universal Binaries (+universal variant)

# MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
universal_target	10.5

# the SDK "sysroot" to use
universal_sysroot	/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

# machine architectures
universal_archs		ppc i386

# Options for generated startup items
# startupitem_type may be "default", "systemstarter", "launchd", or
"none";
# if the option is empty or "default" then a startupitem type
appropriate
# to the platform will be chosen. Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and above will
default to
# launchd, while older Mac OS X systems will default to systemstarter.
If
# option "none" is chosen, port startupitems are ignored and no
startupitems
# are installed.
startupitem_type	default

# Extra environment variables to keep. Any variables listed here are
added
# to the list of variables that are not removed from the environment
used
# while processing ports
# extra_env		KEEP_THIS THIS_TOO