error compiling ffmpeg on Snow Leopard

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at mac.com
Sat Aug 29 02:49:55 PDT 2009

On Aug 29, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2009, at 18:16, Artemio Gonzalez Lopez wrote:
>
>> "sudo port -vd upgrade ffmpeg" fails with the following weird error
>> message on my Intel iMac running Snow Leopard:
>
> I see that a fix has already been committed for this. Please "sudo
> port sync" and try again.

Thanks for your help. I did as you said, and now it fails as follows:

ERROR: libdirac not found
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
latest
version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to
the
ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on
irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will
help
solving the problem.
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_multimedia_ffmpeg
/work/ffmpeg-0.5" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-vhook --
enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter --
enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-
libtheora --enable-libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libfaac
--enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --mandir=/opt/local/
share/man --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --cc=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 --
arch=x86_64 " returned error 1
Command output: ERROR: libdirac not found
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
latest
version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to
the
ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on
irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will
help
solving the problem.

On the other hand, "port installed dirac" produces

   dirac @1.0.2_0 (active)

What gives???

Thanks a lot,

Artemio